Monday 18 April 2016

Mommy Moments

As most of you know, Kris and I welcomed our daughter into the world in December.  She is absolutely perfect!  But what parent doesn't look at their child and think the same thing?  It is amazing how you spend 9 months praying for the little one as they grow, as God perfectly places each hair on their head, carefully forms each finger and loving moulds His child into the seamless person He wishes them to be.  When they are finally born you are in awe of how He does it and of how they come out with everything they need and knowing what they have to do to survive.
Having a baby has changed my life.  I now know that I can function on little to no sleep, that poop stains everything, that I actually know nothing about parenting, and that crying can last for hours but a little baby smile makes you forget everything but your love for that child.  But most of all, I now know that I am capable of the most incredible love.  First, I never thought I could love my husband more.  Watching him be a father and love our daughter makes my heart skip a beat.  It is so wonderful and I know that Kaitlyn is the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing father.  Secondly, I never thought I could love a person the way I love Kaitlyn.  Yes I love my husband and my family, but the love for your child is like nothing else. The love consumes you from your head to your toes and leave you breathless.  Thirdly, the love I have for my God has forever been changed.  Having a child is a miracle.  That in itself just shows the great power of God.  But I think for me, I have a greater sense of how much God loves us.  I have always known that I am loved by God.  I have been told by others, I read about it in the bible, the fact that he sent His Son to die for us shows us how great His love is.  But as I hold my beautiful daughter in my arms and look into her stunning eyes, I think about how I would do anything to protect her.  I would give my life for her.  But I think above all, I want the best for her.  If she asked for the moon, I would want to do everything in my power to get it for her.  If I love my daughter that much, how much greater is Gods love for me?!  I can't believe that God would want anything less for me in my life.  All He wants is for us to love Him, believe in Him, trust in Him, and allow Him to lead and guide our lives.  He desires our hearts. Knowing this has allowed my heart to fall more in love with my Father who only wants the best for me and loves me because I am His child.

1 comment: