Saturday 3 August 2013

A year in rewind.

I know, I know, I know, I haven't blogged in what seems to be forever.  Therefore, we have some catching up to do.  I think it has almost been a year since I last blogged about my life.  I know that you are all so disappointed that you haven't been able to keep up with what I am doing every second of my life.  So, I am now going to catch you up and hopefully I will be a better blogger from here on out.  

I guess I have to start somewhere, so here it is...

I recently started selling epicure.  I wasn't sure if it was something I wanted to do but I love their product and I use it all the time, so I thought why not.  It has brought in a bit of extra cash which is nice and now I am never at a lack of recipe ideas for dinner.  I actually find myself feeling conflicted because I have too many options.  Plus, their products are gluten free.  I am happy!  



OH, and I turned 30.  I had to practice saying that for a while because it didn't roll naturally off the tongue.  I think my 30's are going to be awesome for a number of reasons.  I am in the best shape I have ever been in my life, I am going to finish my diploma in social services in my 30's and, well, I am sure that there are going to be many more reasons my 30's are going to be awesome.  



Do you ever wish you could add things to your bucket list as you do them?  I have a bucket list, however, there are times when I do something that I am so excited about or that I am so proud of myself for, that I feel like I should add them to my list just so I can cross them off.  You may be asking yourself where I am going with this. Well here it is,  I ran my first ever half marathon.  It was SO hard, but I did it.  I was so proud of myself that I cried when I crossed the finish line.  Although, now that I think about it, I could have been crying because of the complete exhaustion and lack of fluids... 
Whatever the case, I was proud and I can say I did it.  And now, 3 months later I can honestly say I would run another one.  I will train better for the next one though! 




So, I have really been enjoying hiking the local hikes around Chilliwack.  I am hoping to do a few more this summer but we do the close ones weekly.  I have a few weekly hiking partners that come with me and it's good therapy.  You get to take out your aggression on the mountain and on your friends at the same time.  I am thankful for friends who will take the time to listen to vent.  


Oh, I joined a new bible study with a bunch of fabulous ladies.  It's nice to meet new people who are in a similar place in life.  I have really enjoyed getting to know them and going on adventures with them.  We even went wine touring together.  It was so much fun.  Six wineries in one day made my tongue feel like sandpaper but I didn't let that get in the way of tasting more wine.  I also bottled wine for the first time in my life.  It was way too much fun.  I think I will be doing that again soon. 





Oh, here is something else that is new, I am no longer a preschool teacher.  Sometimes it makes me sad to think about and I know that I will really miss setting up my classroom for a new year in september but I am excited for a new challenge.  I got a job with community services and the Youth Parent Support Worker.  My new job is really keeping me on my toes and I have learned so much.  I am happy to have a job that is in the area I am studying to work in.  


One last think I need to add it that my brother got married a month ago.  I am so happy that he has found the person he want's to spend his life with and I wish them all the happiness in the world.  I am so lucky to have a new sister in law and I am happy to have her as part of the family. 



I guess that brings my updates to an end.  I am sure there was more to tell but I am sure no one wants to read much more than this.  I know that 2013 is going to bring many more adventures so stay tuned and I will try and post more often.  

Thanks for reading. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Ashley,
      This was great!
      Love you lots.

      Delete
  2. wow FINALLY a blog! I love it good update 30 looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've looked many a times for this blog post! Glad you finally decided to share again ;-)
    Love love love that you are getting out there, being active, making tons of great new choices, and LIVING life!

    ReplyDelete